Thursday, August 27, 2009
Seriously
I haven't done any new posts because my main computer is ill. Yep one of those things that I never thought would happen happened. Our computer has a nasty virus or some nasty ad ware or spy ware or whatever other words there are for it. So learn from us always keep your computer protection programs up to date!!!! The dang thing won't let me go to any websites without bringing up an error page. But the interesting thing is is that it will let me go to my bank page. Do they think I am stupid enough to type in my password? Dorks from Amsterdam!! (That is where it is generated from) They should use their talents to do good in the world. We just never updated our security so it was an old edition that didn't catch it and I think my kids may have inadvertently pushed some buttons they shouldn't have and turned some things off. My kids know that they push the x to turn things off but sometime the x actually does the opposite and I think that may be what happened. Cass was on the computer doing Playhouse Disney and when I went to make sure the computer was off it was freaking out and there was a bunch of pages on the screen. I don't know Lorin spent 3 hours trying to install a newer, but still outdated, program and it did install and catches the problem and stops it from running but it doesn't remove it so it still messes up the pages but it doesn't bring up all the bogus warnings. At first it was just bringing up fake warnings and a page wanting you to buy a virus protection program but it is totally fake. No matter what you did it would bring up the fake page. The more we tried to fix it the worse it got. So anyway I can't do anything on the Internet on my computer that I load pictures on. Hopefully we can get it fixed soon or maybe we should just zap the whole thing and start over I don't know. Seriously a pain in the neck and I feel computer violated. I will definitely be more careful especially when my kids are on the computer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
That stinks! Wish I were computer savvy to help you out.
As you know I bought my computer a few months ago and it had a free 30 day protection then I went about another month without anything and felt like I was playing Russian Rullet everytime I got online. I Finally purchased a protection program and the next day I got that fake virus webpage- that looks like a page from your computer. Tara's computer had gotten that page once too and her uncle told us what to do so luckily I knew what to do when it happened to me. I didn't touch anything, just unplugged the internet cable from my computer and then also just unplugged my computer for five minutes. Then I plugged it all back in and turned everything back on and ran my virus scans and such to clean it all up. I was so glad that I had installed my protection the day before- what a close one! I'm sorry about your ill computer. That is not fun!!!
How sad! I am so addicted to mine, I don't know what I would do without it! I hope you are able to get it fixed soon.
Amsterdam, huh? That explains a lot!!! What a pain.
That really stinks! I hope that you can figure things out soon. It is funny how we can't live without computers now days. I didn't think I would ever care but I actually seem to use it more than I ever thought I would.
Post a Comment