Opening the Wishing Room!!!
Before Cassidy went in to make her wish we watched a video about wishing and all the many possibilities. We then played a wishing game. Cassidy's 2 wish granters and another wish person (I don't know what to call them) participated as well. We all had to move around a board answering various questions. The whole point was to have everyone say who they wished they were, what they wished to have, who they wished to meet and where they wished to go. It was fun to hear what the kids came up with. Megan wishes to be a cowgirl, to go to Florida, to have a dog and to meet Selena Gomez. Logan wishes to be a cowboy, to go to a farm, to have a horse, and to meet Grandma Shumway (we teared up on that one!).
Cassidy really couldn't think of an answer to all these wishes. Because she already knew her wish. She wants to go to DISNEYWORLD!! That is her wish!! She had the time of her life at Disneyland so this is the perfect wish for her and I think it is even extra special because Lorin served his mission in Florida and the kids are very proud of that.
Cassidy's wish was written down and then placed in a metal tube. We entered the wishing room and each of us read our wish we had written for Cassidy. Here is what we wish for her 1. To never stop smiling and running! 2.To be able to do anything you want to do! 3.That you'll always have a smile on your face and keep everything so sweet! 4.To give Sleeping Beauty the biggest hug she has ever had! 5.To find joy and hppiness in everything and to keep that beautiful smile! 6.Disneyworld! 7. That you will be healthy and always be happy and know that we love you! Cassidy then followed the lights around the room which led around to the wizards hat. She place the wish in the hat and then lights flashed around the room. Behind the hat is a water fountain. It is a very MAGICAL room disigned by wish kids.
After Cassidy made her wish we had rootbeer floats and filled out paper work. Gotta love it! Even with wishes there is paper work! I noticed that the Dr. put as her diagnosis Mitochondrial Encephalopathy. This hit me kind of hard. It has only been recently that they, meaning the doctors, have really come to the true conclusion that this is the disease Cassidy has. I have never seen this written as her diagnosis. It is a difficult reality to wrap my mind around. But Cassidy is a blessing to us and we are so grateful for how well she is doing. The future is uncertain and that is hard. But, for now, we take each day and treasure it because Cassidy is a miracle. That should never be forgotten!
We are all so excited . On the way home Cassidy was quite upset that she couldn't acually see the "wizard" in the tower and continues to ask "do wishes really come true?" This wish will. Can't wait to see what happens next in the wishing process. Wishes come true!!!



14 comments:
Janice Janice Janice! Thank You! We live among miracles today and Cass is one!!!!!!!! May all your Wishes come true!!!! YOur fmailoy has been a blessing to Scott adn I both! Thankj you for your enduring examples of true Christian Faith!
What a great experience for Cassidy and your family! I'm so glad you submitted her name. You all deserve to be granted every wish. I love Cassidy's huge smiles in all the pictures.
I am so glad that your family got to have that fun experience. I adore Cassidy, and she has been such a blessing in my life (as have you!). I can't wait to hear all about your magical trip. You are a fantastic mom. I will miss Cassidy over the summer, but hope to see lots of her next year!
Oh,Janice.... Not fair!!! You can't put a post that makes me smile and cry my yes out at the same time!
Cassidy does deserve every wish her little heart desires! I love that little girl so much! I am so blessed to know such a precious daughter of God.
I hope all the wishes your family made come true! Love you guys!
So powerful she is an inspiration to us all! Happy wishing everyone. I think we'll have an FHE on that so cute!
Love you guys more than words can explain! I am so grateful for our little Cass. She is such a great example of courage and strength. We are blessed to have her sweet spirit in our family! Like Nat said, I hope ALL your wishes come true!!
Logan, Grandma Shumway loves you and is with you lots! Thanks for the good cry!
How grateful I feel to be such a small part in an amazing family. Cassidy is an example to all of us. She is amazing. I am so inspired by your faith and strength. Your family is amazing. I love you! (I have to also agree with Joanna, thanks for the good cry!)
What an incredible opportunity for Cassidy and your family. You all definitely deserve to have wishes come true. I'm looking forward to hearing more about Cassidy's wish!
Janice, don't worry about what anyone else thinks. You all deserve this, life is unpredictable. Everyone knows you don't ask for help, even when you need it.You need to go, take lots of photos and enjoy your time as a family! You've had a lot of heartache, you deserve a lot of joy!
I know what you mean about the doctor's not telling you how bad it is, it's the same way when my kids are in the hospital. I think they want to protect us as parents so we don't fall apart. Enjoy!
Hurray! Congratulations Janice. I am so glad you are doing this. Have a wonderful time and be sure to share photos when you get back!
Yep... crying, smiling, laughing all in one! I am so happy Cassidy gets this opportunity. I love her and you all so much. We continue to pray for her health.
Ok now I am emotional! I am so glad that you submitted the application....you are RIGHT, Cassidy deserves to have a wish. I am so excited to see what is next. You and Lorin are amazing to me. You inspire me! I love you all very much and I hope those smiles continue too.
Thanks for sharing this with us Janice. Cassidy is such a special girl, she definitely derseves a special wish. So glad she gets to go!
Thank you for sharing this with all of us! We love you all so much.
Post a Comment