Thursday, September 16, 2010

Megan is Eleven!

Megan is Eleven and has been since Aug. 10th! Hard to believe that it is possible. Megan is growing up so fast. She is a very good girl with a desire to do what is right and we are proud to be her parents. It is hard to be the oldest child. Meg is very patient with us as we continue to learn how to be parents. She is learning to be responsible and has been a big help. She is a good big sis. and a great friend.
For Megan's birthday she really wanted to have a sleepover so we let her have 5 of her cousins sleep over. They had a blast. We had a bubble blowing contest (some had greater skills than others), played games, ate pizza, cupcakes and popcorn, painted nails, and slept outside in a tent. And WOW texting seems to be a big part of a teens life. We won't name any names but I just hope that the parents a.k.a. Deb and Shelly have unlimted text.=) I'm just sayin'. Remember the day and age when pagers were the new, cool thing? We have come a long way. Anyway......Meg was given a Taylor Swift CD and they all went outside and sang and danced. Sorry to the neighbors for the noise!=) I have forgotten how loud 7 girls can be. Oh to be young again! There was some Justin Bieber talk but it was all over my head. He has weird hair! And some of the poses in these pics. crack me up. Not gang signs I hope.
Eleven is still little right? Love you Megan!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Wow! How did she get to be 11? She is such a sweet young woman. I love seeing her at school. I'm glad she got to have a fun party - it's looks like everyone enjoyed it!

Jennifer said...

Happy birthday! It looks like a great party. And I can't believe she is 11 either.

Shelly said...

Yes 11 is still little!!! I'm glad her birthday party was a success. The girls had a fun time. I love that their is so many cousins for our kids to play with.