Cassidy had another followup appt. with her nephrologist yesterday. Her kidney function is stable at about 30%. They want her to start taking iron since her hematacrit is a little low. Now she will be on 4 meds. for kidney disease and 1 for seizure control. I hope I can keep track of all I have to give her. Her potassium was back up again which is frustrating since 3 months ago we had it back in normal range. It is so hard because there is so many foods she isn't supposed to eat because of high potassium and phosphorus as well as protein. Such a balancing act.
Cassidy is so brave to have to get a poke every three months. She always has a big smile for the doctors. We saw the nurse practitioner and she was asking the dr. when he thought she should be seen again and he said in 3 months. She asked if he was sure because she wanted to see her sooner because she is so cute. Cassidy does brighten peoples day.
It was actually a pretty emotional drive up to Primary Children's yesterday for me. But I am so grateful that it is there.
Saturday, April 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
You are an amazing mom. You have so much to worry about, but yet you keep your chin up. I admire you so much. Let me know what Cassidy's not supposed to eat... I gave her a peanut butter cracker at Sammy's funeral. Was that a no,no??
cassidy is a sweetheart. i love her smile. :) i hope the doctors are able to figure something out. good luck with all of the medications and the diet restrictions. you're amazing.
She is an amazing little spirit. We are blessed getting to be apart of her life. Scott always comes home from visiting your family and is amazed with your strenght and abilities! We luv You Guys! way to be breave little Cass!
Post a Comment