Well it is time to update our blog. The past three weeks have been pretty crazy as well as emotionally draining. It has been hard to concentrate on much of anything. The peace of the comforter is amazing. He has been helping us and lifting us when we feel such great sorrow in our hearts. I don't know that we could bear the heartache without the peace and comfort of the gospel. We have felt the prayers of everyone and we thank you so much!
When something so tragic happens it makes you appreciate every moment of everyday, things that normally you might take for granted. I will never forget the last time Keith visited our home and I had the best conversation with him. Much of it had to do with mitochondria of cells and stuff like that but it was so fun to talk to him. Then I still get a kick out of on the day he was leaving, a little sheepish, he had to ask me if he could use the toilet plunger. We had a good laugh. But now those are treasured memories.
Memories like the other day when I picked Cassidy up from school, when she saw me her smile was so big and she gave me the best hug. I will never forget it. And when Logan skips around the house saying "taloot taloot taloot". It is music to my ears. And all the little notes that Megan writes to me are precious (She goes through a ream of paper a week).
There is a quote from the movie "The Music Man" I believe that says something to the effect that if you always wait for tomorrow all you end up with is a whole lot of empty yesterdays. (Thank you Dad for sharing all the good oldies with us. Jilleen remembered "The Music Man" the other day). This thought has been on my mind a lot lately. We shouldn't take any day for granted because each day is a gift that we have been given to try to be a little better. So my goal is to try to look for the best in every day and to not always put off the things that are most important. The laundry can always wait.
Now I will get off my soap box and share what has been going on. Logan started joyschool on Aug. 26. Me and 7 amazing women are taking turns teaching the kids. It is an adventure but is tons of fun.
We finally made it through the red tape of the school district and Cassidy will be given an aide to help her for I think three hours a day. This is such a blessing. I am so thankful for the wonderful teachers at the school!!!
Megan started a little dance class at the fitness center that she is really enjoying. It goes into Nov. We will see how she likes it then maybe get her into a real class.
I am slowly getting used to being in the Young Women's program. It is a busy calling but I think it will be good for me. I survived teaching my first lesson to the whole Y.W. today. It went better than I thought and I was very impressed with the testimonies of the girls afterwards.
Lorin is just staying busy, busy, busy, busy. Sometimes I wonder how he does it. He amazes me with his possitive attitude when things don't seem that possitive. He is a great example to me! On Friday when he really needed to be at work to get a crunch job done he took the time to come home and take us to dinner. We had a real good time and we needed that. It really meant a lot to me. Here are some random pictures.
These are all my cute Beehives minus 2. We made peach freezer jam for our activity. They are all so much fun and so full of life. I am glad to have the opporunity to work with them. It was hard to get them to all hold still for the picture.
I know another picture of Logan but he does so many things that are so picture worthy. I got him in the bath Saturday night and when I came back to check on him he had his shorts on. I guess he didn't want a bath but to go swimming. Oh well.



9 comments:
This post is great! I've been wondering what you've been up to and how you are doing. (I should be a better sister and just give you a call. Sorry!) Thanks for reminding us to live each day, not wait for tomorrow. You're a busy lady. Logan is such a cutie! And I'm soooo glad you got through to the district for Cassidy. Yea!!! I bet Megan is a great dancer, too. Good luck with all you are doing!
It was nice to read your update. Janice you are truly amazing with everything you do. I love getting to know you better through your blog!
I was so excited to read your update. You and Lorin are so strong and I am proud to have you all as family. I am glad Cassidy got the aide she needs. You are such a good mom and I admire all that you do. Logan in the mask is hilarious. Thanks for sharing that.
Goodness janice I don't know what I would do without you! You are such and angel in my life! You are doing fabulous and your lesson was perfect! Logan really is a sweetheart...thanks for being my joy buddie!
What great memories you shared in this blog post. It is so true that sometimes we need to just focus on the little things and take time for making those memories. After all when life is over that's all we have- memories! Megan was telling me about her dance class last night at family dinner. She was so excited and I swear she and Logan grew 5 inches since I saw them a week ago! Logan's "sleeping mask" is adorbale. Yay,that Cassidy got an aide!!! Does Lorin ever sleep? And Janice- those young women are so lucky to have you for an example- I know I am! I love you guys!!!!! And yes life goes on...
Janice you are so amazing. I don't know how you do it. Logan is so cute in his mask, he just makes me laugh. I can just picture cassidy giving you a huge grin, it warms my heart. I'll bet Megan is a great dancer, if your looking for a teacher i can recommend my old teacher. I'm so glad Lorin took you out to dinner on friday was that when you were running a red light turning onto center street? I love that you have this blog so i can get to know you a little better too.
Lorin and Janice -
I found your blog through Natalie. What great pictures of your kids and Keith! I love that blogs provide another way for people to keep in touch. I'll be checking back regularly.
I loved reading this entry. Since I have been on bed rest I have been thinking of the little things that I haven't noticed for a long time. Jamison sits on the bed by me all day until the kids get home. I just watch him and am amazed at his perfect little person. I know I have missed so much with the other kids because I haven't taken the time to notice. I am so glad that you have felt comforted through this sad time in your life. I am so glad Cass has an aid now. That is great news! I love you and miss you! I only have two more weeks! Love, Marci
Cute new background- That's what I was going to choose until I found the strawberry one. Then of course I had to use it. =)
Post a Comment