Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Halloween

Every October one of the things our kids love to do is go past this house in our neighborhood that is all decked out for Halloween with all sorts of scary figures. Personally it doesn't appeal to me at all but the kids like to see it. I end up driving by the "Halloween House", even when I don't want to, about 50 times a day dropping off and picking up the kids, running errands ect. Occasionally the guy actually dresses up as one of his figures and stands outside to scare people. Kinda creapy.

Logan and I attended the girl's Halloween parade at school. Megan was a cute pioneer.

Cassidy made a cute witch! Her aide was a cute angel.

Logan got pretty bored watching all the kids and wanted to leave. As we were leaving he got pretty mad and didn't want to go to the van. Apperently he wanted to go outside to see the real parade. He didn't realize that watching the kids was the parade.

I tried to be creative this Halloween with ideas from various people. For dinner I made these cute hot dog mummies and soup in pumpkin shaped bread bowls as well as orange crush to drink. The kids freaked out at the two tiny dots of mustard for the eyes and almost wouldn't eat the mummies because of it. Ugh can't they just appreciate that I was trying to be fun. I can still remember one Halloween when my Mom cooked some soup in an actual pumpkin. I thought it was so cool. I probably didn't appreciate the work she went to as much as I should have but now I do.

And they are off!

Old pros. Trick or Treat!! Hope you all had a great Halloween! Now we can focus on the holidays that I love the best!

8 comments:

George and Joanna said...

Great costumes! And Janice, nice job on being creative. I don't do those things either. I am impressed!

Natalie said...

Cute kids, cute costumes, and cute food items- very creative! What fun traditions. Love you guys!

Jilleen said...

I saw hot dog mummies somewhere and thought it was so cute. So great job at actually doing it! It all looked very yummy. Very cute kids and I am always happy when you post because I know I'll hear of something funny Logan said or did. :)

Shelly said...

You are such a great mom. I love the food idea for Halloween dinner. I wish we didn't do the trunk or treat in my ward so I could maybe plan my own family dinner like that. I noticed Logan was in his original costume on Halloween and not spider man or batman.

Melvin and Carly said...

Great hot dog mummies! I can totally empathize with you about the kids freaking out. Mine would have too. Cute costumes!

Anonymous said...

I love the mummies and soup bowls. I give you props for doing all you do. I can barely get McDonald's on the table. Lately it is cold cereal. I need to get a handle on my Life!
I love you!
love, Marci

Jennifer said...

Your dinner looks so fun! I try to avoid the scary house whenever I can. I was never much into things like that.

The McCluskeys said...

Did you make your bread bowls or did you buy them? I think they are so cute. And the mummies are AWESOME!!! You are so talented.