
On Saturday my family got together and did gingerbread houses. We do it every year after Thanksgiving. It is a little chaotic but a lot of fun. In past years my houses have caved in on me and been a total frustration but this year I was patient and let the frosting set for a while before putting the candy on. Last year I blame on defective frosting. This year was finally a success!

I think the kids enjoy eating the candy more than anything. I think maybe next year I will just make gingerbread people and they can decorate them and eat. Needless to say our house is now lacking all the candy. At one point it looked pretty cute. But I guess eating it is what it is all about.


The finished village or as my sister said gingerbread "track housing". That made me laugh.

Here is all the grandkids minus Marci's. If you look closely at the roof you will see an elf who happened to be peeking in on the kids. He has visited in the past. I think most of the kids have been good this year and will get a visit from Santa.
8 comments:
I thought maybe your house would be the one to fall again... it was mine!
I missed being there!
Love, Marci
It was a fun day! I'm glad we were all able to be together.
What a fun tradition! Your kids were so cute telling me all about the elf that snuck into the picture.
Great job on the decorating! My kids are now begging to make some.
The house and village look great! The only gingerbread house I've ever made was in Kanosh and I think the Fair Housing Committee condemned it. It didn't last 10 minutes without crashing down!
Your house always turns out well (except when the roof caves in). I wasn't sure if the elf could come this year considering MY children's behavior lately. Yikes! The other kids must be REALLY well-behaved.
You are always so good at being patient. My house is always throw together so quickly. My kids ate all of the candy off that night and it was thrown away the next day. At least they enjoyed it.
The houses look great. I'm glad you had a fun time.
Post a Comment