Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Dear Jesus:

Cassidy wrote this letter to Jesus the other day. She only asked how to spell handsome. She asked how she was going to mail it to Him and I had to explain that she couldn't physically mail it but that she could pray and tell Jesus those things. She promptly went in her room and prayed. She was quite concerned that Jesus maybe hadn't heard her prayer so she prayed two more times. I hope this letter made Jesus smile. I did.
On another note, and if you didn't notice, I got really behind on this blog. I debated on whether or not I should go back and blog about the past five months but I decided not to. Old news is, well, old news. I would,however, like to comment on how my Make-a-Wish speaking engagement worked out. In Nov. I was asked to speak at Timberline Jr. High on how Make-a-Wish helped Cassidy and our family and what led up to Cassidy being able to make her wish. The jr. high was doing a fundraiser for a 9 year old boy with cancer. I was terrified! I do not feel like I am a good speaker and do not like being in front of an audience. I accepted the offer to speak because I need to give back even if it is in this small way. Anyway, I had to speak at two assemblies and the auditorium is HUGE! But I survived I felt like my mind was clear and I was able to speak without completely stumbling over my words. For me that is a miracle! I received a card from Make-a-Wish and they told me that the jr. high raised over $7,500 dollars. This was their third year doing the funraiser and this is the most they have ever raised. It felt good to take part in such a wonderful thing.
I would also like to, once again, thank our family and friends for helping us get through the Christmas season. We are humbled by your kindness and feel most grateful to our Heavenly Father for sending angels to help us continue to get through our struggles. We won't forget!

7 comments:

Jilleen said...

What a sweet note. I especially like that she thinks he is handsome. :) I'm glad your speaking thing turned out well. We all knew you'd do great, but it's always nice to feel some miraculous help. :)

Natalie said...

I agree with Jilleen- that note is so sweet. That Cass! :) Love her!!!

And good job on your assembly speech. You are so brave and good to do that. And I'm sure you said just what was needed.

Jennifer said...

That note is so sweet!

Colette said...

that is a sweet note, i'm sure it made Jesus smile.
Glad your speaking went well. Love you tons, please call if you ever need anything.

George and Joanna said...

What a thoughtful little girl! She is just so cute!! Love you all.

Jenny said...

Cassidy is such a sweetheart. She did a great job on her talk today and looked so cute.

And way to go on the speaking thing. It was so hard to speak at church, I can't imagine speaking to the jr. high. You are amazing!

Shelly said...

That is the sweetest letter I have ever seen. Cassidy is one special little girl. I am so happy to hear that the make a wish speech thing went well. You are an amazing person and an example to all of us. You may not feel like you are a good speaker but I know you are very sincere and that everyone can sense that in all that you do. I love you!