Sunday, December 26, 2010

A Little Bit of October

October came and went.
Cassidy had her birthday. She turned nine. Hard to believe that could be true. Where does the time go? The weather in October was much like the year she was born, very mild. We love our Sassy Cassy and don't know what we would do without her in our family. She keeps us all smiling and is such a great example to everyone she comes in contact with. Why is this underlined? There isn't even an underline function is there?

Grandma and Grandpa came over to wish Cassidy a happy birthday.
For months Cassidy had been begging to have her ears peirced and I would tell her "maybe for your birthday" so for her birthday I gave in. She is so used to being poked that she wasn't scared at all. It was a "piece of cake". HAHAHAHA I crack myself up. Get it...piece of cake....birthday cake. Ok it really wasn't that funny.
She looks so cute and is so excited to wear all the cute earrings she got from Santa.
I know another "boring" cake. I don't even try fancy anymore. But a birthday wish can still can still be made on a boring cake. Right?
Now on to all the Halloween stuff. My parents always do a really fun Halloween party for the kids. Part of the fun is eating a donut off a string using no hands.


Bag this I am going to use my hands and eat the donut!
We got to go Trick-or-Treating up at Make-a-Wish.
Now on to the school Halloween parade. Logan is dressed as Obi Won Kanobi from Star wars.
Cassidy is Belle of course.
Megan was a spider queen. She ditched the scary black wig and black fingernails. I tried but didn't quite get her costume right. She was sweet to try to use things we already had. She wasn't very scary more of a pretty spider queen.
Off to say "Trick-or-Treat". Logan changed his costume to a self made vampire. Drew blood on his face with a marker, safety pinned his Batman cape on, sprinkled a little bit of baby powder on his face, wore the teeth he got at his school party and there you have it..... a vampire. Much cheaper than the Obi Won costume. That is the way Halloween should be.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Looks like fun!

And Janice I love your jokes- it was funny. And yes you can make a wish on a simple cake. Your simple ones always look great anyway.

Jenny said...

love their costumes. and cassidy is so brave. i never did get my ears pierced (too scared of needles). :)

Megan said...

Mom, you spelled the name wrong! Its's Obi-Wan Kenobi!!! Like that!