May is always one of the busiest months of the year filled with testing, programs etc. etc. etc. Amidst it all Cassidy found time to, once again, be a rock star diva.
She loves the camera and asks to have her picture taken! She cracks me up!
Megan graduated from the N.O.V.A. program and received a special Constitution Award.
We also had our dance festival. We don't always do a dance festival so I was really excited for it this year. It was supposed to be out on the high school football field but, due to all the incessant rain, we had to have it in the field house. It is a pretty big place so it worked out ok. The poor kids had to walk there in the rain.
I had a hard time getting good pictures of Logan. My camera didn't want to focus. He was cute and at least tried to do some of the actions. (At the practice, the day before, he pretty much just stood there. He does not like to dance or be in the spotlight!)
The 3rd graders did a square dance. Cassidy did an awesome job and her dance partner was really kind to her. I was afraid that she wouldn't be able to keep up and that she would just be dragged along but she practiced well and did great!
The 6th graders did the Electric Slide. They were really together. You can tell that they are so ready to be done and on to Jr. High. Megan did a really good job!
The whole school did a dance together but I had to be in it so there aren't any pictures. Wish I had some of the kids doing it, though. I thought it was really cool and that it was a really great dance festival! I loved being a part of it.
While I was tracking down Megan and Logan Cassidy took the liberty of snapping some pictures. Here is one of her dance partner, Dexter.
I love my kids and am so proud of them! Megan's last dance festival. Sniff sniff!!
Now on to the Kindergarten program. Loved it!!!
Logan with his best friend Carson. They are seriously two of the cutest boys. They seem to have similar personalities and play well together.
The Mexican Hat dance is not one of the easiest. The clapping in rhythm with skipping your feet out in front of you......not easy for 6 year olds. It was very cute though and had me giggling.
Gotta love Y.M.C.A. Did I mention that Logan does not like to sing and dance in front of people.
Logan and Carson doing their speaking part. So Cute!!!
"Being worried at school gives us mushy brains!"
They did a skit of the Little Red Hen. Logan was a goose.
A self portrait of Logan. After the program he was so excited and asked me "So Mom, did I do better than last year!?" Yes he did!!!
Megan and her friend Felicia had to make a castle for school. They chose to make it out of marshmallows, graham crackers and candy. Let's just say it was a miracle that it made it to school in one piece and, wow, the amount of frosting it took to keep it standing. It seemed to be one of the favorites with the kids at school.
Cassidy had a recorders concert. I really had no idea how well she would do because they practiced recorders when I wasn't at the school. It was so fun to see her play and she actually kept up really well. I guess she didn't quite learn the last couple songs so she just faked it.
I had to share this picture of Cassidy doing one of her favorite things.....chasing the boys!
At the end of the school year the kids have many opportunities to play outside. We have extra recesses and extended recesses. So much fun!
One of Cassidy's favorite games to play at recess. One person has to turn around and count to ten while the other kids pick a color on the map. Then the person counting picks a color then turns around and whoever is on that color is it. Just thought I would share.
And Logan got to celebrate his summer birthday at school! He is hoping to be able to save this stylin' crown to wear for all his birthdays. I don't know if that will happen since I saw him ripping a sticker off of it last night. It may make it to July.










3 comments:
Fun and busy! Great job all you Shumway kids!!
How cool is that to have a dance festival as a school! Way to go!
Love all of it!!! :)
Post a Comment