
Ok so this is a new experience for me, Play-Doh in the living room carpet. On Sat. I left Logan playing nicely at the kitchen table with Play-Doh. I left him long enough to do my hair. I come back and he is trying to make a snake on the carpet. That didn't work he was just smearing it into the carpet. Ugh!!! Well I picked up the biggest pieces and left the rest to dry so I could vacuum it up. Today I vacuumed and there is still small pieces dried into the fibers of the carpet. It isn't that noticeable but enough to bug me. So any advice how to get bright fluorescent pink play-doh out of carpet? I am afraid that if I try to scrub it the color will just smear everywhere and then for sure be noticed. A good excuse to get new carpet maybe. Probably not it isn't that bad.
4 comments:
That stinks! I have no solutions. I think my kids did that in their playroom and there are still spots. Sorry!
I googled it, and found this from playdoh:
If Play-Doh compound gets into the carpet, don't panic! Play-Doh compound will naturally dry and can be loosened with a stiff brush. If necessary, pick up dried crumbs with a dust buster or vacuum cleaner. Do not use hot water or cleaning solutions.
other people suggested combing it out, or using a blowdryer to cook it so it will be really dry and easy to scrape off with a butter knife.
not sure any of these work. good luck. how do these kids manage to do so much in so little time???? :)
I just left it in the carpet. Only our was green and it goes with our other stains. I am sorry about the bright pink! I hope it doesn't bother you too much.
Logan is still so cute, you know that right??? I know carpet is such a pain but it will be funny one day. He is so curious and that is what I love about him. I hope you can find a way to get it out. Sorry!
Post a Comment