Friday, December 10, 2010

State Fair and Loud Concert=a Trip to the ER

A couple weeks before we went to Florida Make-a-Wish called me and offered our family tickets to the Utah State Fair which included a concert with Mitchel Musso from Disney Channel. The tickets were for the day after we were to get home from Florida. I thought this would be a great way to end our week. One more day of rides and fun. We did have fun and we rode a lot of rides



Logan got to do the bungee trampolines because he was too short for a ride he really wanted to go on. You should have heard him giggle! It was so cute!
We saw a lot of stinky animals and even some stinky people. Hehehehehe! Fairs bring out all the weirdos! The baby pigs were a favorite. Then we got snow cones and cotton candy and headed to the concert. Honestly I thought this concert would be more geared to kids but it wasn't. Mitchel Musso is a complete idiot. He really isn't anything like his Hannah Montana character and he isn't a kid. He was so conceited and looked like such a dork with his two big diamond earrings. I was not impressed. The kids thought it was cool so I guess that is all that matters.
Logan ended up with a cotton candy beard.
Cassidy waving her hand with the music.
Mitchel threw out a drumstick and Lorin Caught it. How much do you think we could get on Ebay for that?
Cassidy was all smiles and really was having a lot of fun. She loves music but it was really loud!!! I looked over at Cassidy and she had her head bent down. So I got up to see if she was ok. She had the most terrified look on her face and her eyes were looking to the side. I have seen that look before and my heart sank. I said "We are out of here!" Lorin carried her and we rushed to the car. She was starting to drool and wouldn't respond to me. I am sure she was seizing. Finally she put her hand to the side of her head and said that her ear hurt. We got in the van and sped to Primary's since we were in Salt Lake anyway. We weren't going to take any chances. We got there and it was really busy but they rushed her right back. Cassidy still wouldn't respond much. They put an IV in but didn't have to give her anything. Her temperature was up and her blood pressure was way too high. Something was definitely going on. She then fell asleep. I was so scared. I thought "Are you kidding me? We just got back from her wish and now this is going to happen? I cannot do this again!" Cassidy woke up and was happy and herself. They kept her overnight because her blood pressure wouldn't stay down but it leveled out. She vomited in the night which scared Lorin to death because she has done that before seizing. But she was ok. I feel so blessed that she was able snap out of this one on her own. Thanks to everyone for their extra prayers! It took her a couple days to get back to herself. I think I just crammed one too many things in that week and the concert was just too loud.
Cassidy enjoyed playing with the camera while we waited.



Poor Megan was so tired!
Glad this had a happy ending!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Fun pictures from the fair. I'm glad Cassidy was okay.

Natalie said...

I'm glad it had a happy ending too! Maybe after the long busy week it was good for you to be at the fair so guys could be so close to PCH when it happened. Very glad she got to go home so quick this time!

Jenny said...

I'm so glad Cassidy was okay! She looks so happy, even though she's in the hospital with an IV. What a tough girl.

Shelly said...

I'm so glad it wasn't anything worse. That little girl loves to scare us all.

George and Joanna said...

Scary! Glad she was okay!!!