Thursday, July 15, 2010

Logan Had a Birthday

Last Friday Logan turned 6. He knew exactly what he wanted for his birthday, a double light saber and Iron Man "stuff". He was really worried that we wouldn't be able to buy him anything. He kept asking me "how is dad going to get the money to buy me a light saber?". Honestly, I didn't know either but somehow Lorin pulled it off. When I tucked Logan in the night before he was really worried because he knew that I hadn't been to any stores. He asked me if Target was closed, and it was, so then he was really worried. Secretly Lorin had bought some things a couple days before. When I thought Logan was asleep I went to the kitchen to wrap it all up but, no, he wasn't asleep and got out of bed. Lorin stopped him and then he knew he may have a present on his birthday.
Logan was so funny opening his presents. He doesn't stop talking and had to explain every little thing.
Our Iron Man/Jedi.

He told me he just wanted a regular cake this year. Thank goodness! I really DON'T do cakes. But later he said "I really didn't like my cake" Why? I replied "Because you gave me ice cream with it and I didn't want ice cream." Nice to know.



Good Night sweet birthday boy! You can save the world tomorrow!

9 comments:

Crazy Lees said...

Goodness!!!! You never fail to give me the chills filled with the spirit! God Bless your sweet family!

Jilleen said...

I'm so glad he got some of the things he wanted. What a sweet boy!

Jenny said...

can he really be 6 years old? it looks like he had a great birthday. what a sweet - i mean tough - boy.

George and Joanna said...

How cute that last picture is! Well all of them are, but I love to see peacefully sleeping kids. Glad his birthday was a good one! Love you Logan!

Shelly said...

I am so glad he got the gifts he wanted even though he didn't want ice cream with his cake. :) Logan is such a cute kid! I'm also very happy that Cassidy's wish came true. I live your garden! It us beautiful. You are amazing!!!

Natalie said...

Oh, how I love this boy! Happy Birthday Logan.

Colette said...

He is the sweetest boy! Glad he had a Happy Birthday!

Colette said...

I don't want to step on any toes, but I LOVE to make cakes, if your kids ever want something different I'd love to make it for them. I was just telling ryan, I wanted to practice more, but we don't want to eat cake everyday!

The McCluskeys said...

How stinkin' cute is HE?!?!? I love how he is sleeping with his stuff all around him. Logan holds a special place in my heart since we got over the whole "boss" thing when Cassidy was in the hospital. Our family just wouldn't be the same without little Logie. Happy Birthday!