Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Pioneer Day

For Pioneer Day we went down to Fillmore to have a little reunion with Lorin's family. Saturday we went to the Kanosh town parade. I don't know why, in the 13 years we have been married, that we have never been to this parade. Of course Lorin has, but not since we were married. HELLO.... they throw out handfuls of candy from each car, float, truck, whatever. A lot of it is taffy, but who is complaining? It is free sugar! Another cool thing is you can just back up your truck, have a front row seat and we were only 10 minutes early! But seriously, even if there wasn't any candy, I thought it was a really fun parade! The kids loved it.


I thought these little ponies were so stinkin' cute!
This reminded me of my grandpa's old sheep camp. If I remember right it looked similar to this.
The big fire trucks come down the road and spray everyone. Another fire truck was throwing out these Frisbees that also make a really great fashion accessory!

LOOK!!! I really do have a halo and it is even pink! Oh wait.....it's one of those Smokey the bear Frisbees. Darn it!!!
"Mom hurry and get me a drink of water! This Atomic Fire Ball is burning my mouth!" Mean mom got her camera instead. It is hard to smile when your mouth is on fire.
After the parade we went over to the old house for a while so Lorin could work on his 4 wheeler and give the kids rides. While waiting the kids had a big time feeding the neighbor's horses.
Devan (a cousin) even showed Cassidy the proper technique for shooting a BB gun. It was very sweet. "You gotta stand like this and put your head down like this."

Kami (a cousin) taught Logan that there is no reason to be scared of holding a grasshopper!
Looking a little nervous!


Aunt Kim helped catch this picture of Cassidy as she was pretending to drive this 3 wheeler. It was hilarious! She was just a goin' with great facial expressions and sound effects.

Only in a place like Fillmore will you see wild turkeys and their babies just leisurely walking down the road!

Some more of those awesome Frisbees. They can be used for so many great things! We decided to take a drive up the canyon to try to cool off. It was so hot! We stopped and dipped our feet in the stream.


WHOA! WHOA!


STEADY! STEADY! WHEW! That was a close one!

OK Where am I going to throw this rock so that it will be sure to get somebody wet?!

OOOOOOOOOW!!! This water is way colder than I thought it would be! Lorin is going to kill me for putting this picture on here but I think it is so hilarious! Just to be fair, I will post a dorky picture of me as well.

Here it is! You found it! The dorky picture of me. I had to choose between a picture with my eyes closed or it was this one with me looking off into space. I know I should have been a model! I am being sarcastic if you are one of those people who don't get sarcasm.


And there she goes!!!

Love this guy!

The view!!! It was amazing. You could see forever.
Later the kids took a dip in the KOA swimming pool. Logan keeps asking if we can go to the KOA and swim. I don't think he realizes that there is a swimming pool within walking distance of our house. Don't tell! I am a mean, poor mom and swimming pools aren't my favorite thing in the world.



Logan is quite confident that he knows how to swim.

Aunt Natalie was very sweet to pull the kids around in the water and play. She is a good sport unlike this mean mom that we keep talking about. Natalie also did a really fun project with the kids. Homemade lava lamps were really fun to watch.




No better way to end the day than with sweet slice of watermelon and some good company! We had a great time seeing everyone!

6 comments:

Jilleen said...

Fun times!

Shelly said...

Perfect memories you are creating! You and Lorin are great parents.

Jennifer said...

Janice you are not a mean mom! It looks like everyone had a great time.

George and Joanna said...

It was a great parade! Everyone should experience the Kanosh parade at least once...lol. Janice, I wish I looked as good as you when I have a dorky photo!! You are beautiful always! Love you guys!

Colette said...

Looks like so much fun. Glad you were able to get away. Love that picture of you and Lorin together.
I need to know how to make those Lava lamps. My kids would enjoy that.

Natalie said...

How did I miss this post? I'm just seeing it today! :) Very Cute. It was so fun to have you guys there with us this year.

You should have been a model- and I am not being sarcastic! I think you are beautiful!