OK to add to the posts about extremely scary spiders, here is my contribution. I went in the shed to get out a garbage bag and I looked down and there she was the biggest black widow I have ever seen. Not only is she huge so is the egg sack that accompanies her. I called Lorin to ask him if it was OK if I annihilated the thing but he wants to catch her and put her in jar to fight another black widow he is growing at work. I am pretty sure this is the same black widow he tried to catch a couple weeks ago that is why I called him to see if he still wanted to catch her. Is that a guy thing? Actually I am relieved that he wants to deal with her because I really am scared to death to try to spray her because she will run. I am completely sicked out and I will not sleep well tonight until I know she is no longer a threat to me and my children. And in the back of my mind I know that if there is one black widow there are probably millions more. I hope this will motivate Lorin to take the time out of his crazy schedule to spray for spiders. We bought the poison months ago he just hasn't had time to do it. So if you didn't want to come to my house in the first place now you have a good excuse.
Friday, August 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Yikes. I got the creepy-crawlies just looking at the picture. We've killed a couple like that on our back porch this summer. One of them was on a bag I picked up. My finger was about an inch away from her. I screamed. Luckily, Bryan was standing next to me so he smashed it as soon as I dropped the bag. I need to clean my shed but I'm a little nervous.
Julie
That is a good looking Widow! I will still be coming to your house, I'm not affraid. So did he catch her? I think it is a guy thing. Have you seen my pet shop in my extra room? It was suppose to be my room to excercise, scrapbook, sew etc... We have alot of pets but we are missing a pet spider.
Gross! That's all I can say!
I am so sorry! I do not handle bugs well. Especially spiders.
Happy, Happy Birthday, Megan Dear!!! We Love You.
Aunt Julie and gang
Post a Comment